Thursday, September 27, 2012

If at First You Don't Succeed, Goat Guilt and other Musings...

Banner day for Emerson...after thousands of failed attempts, today he was finally successful at wedging himself through the screen door as I went outside, and he got all the way into the house. Fortunately he was so startled to be inside that he just stood there in the dining room momentarily and I was able to grab him and put him right back out...otherwise I cannot imagine the havoc of a very sly and slippery goat dashing from room to room. Should I eat something? Jump on this?  Poop on that? The posibilities are endless...

I read something recently about "The Law of Unintended Consequences," as in when the results of an action are more severe than you anticipated...Now recall the issue of the shingle-nibbling goat (yes, wicked Emerson again) and the noxious deer-repellant spray. My aim was merely to stop him from eating the roof shingles - yet since I sprayed (just a little on the edges!!), the goats have not returned to the roof at all. Well, they must have been up there once and decided never to return. I am consumed by guilt! The shed roof, once their most favorite hangout, is now apparently a stinky uninhabitable contamination zone. Today they spent all afternoon crowded onto a tiny wooden table in the far corner of the yard, looking wistfully at their prior haven-in-the-sky. Just call me Cruella deGoatmommy. Maybe  the rain will wash it clean...


Sad, sad goats...

No comments:

Post a Comment