Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Birthday, Goat Boys!



Happy birthday to our goat boys, now officially one year old! Right now they are basking on their mats in the driveway, soaking up the sun after yesterday's snow. Spring can't come soon enough!

Megan is having some friends over tonight to watch the "chick-flick" movie Ten Things I Hate About You. In honor of the goats' special occasion, I think for one day I could try to forget all the recent negative aspects of our "goat adventure" and focus on the positive - so here it is, Emerson and Elliot -

Ten Things I Love About You.

1. Looking at old "baby" pictures and seeing how small you were - and how you've grown!
2. Mornings when I peek out the window just as you're waking up, how you stretch and yawn and greet the sunshine, shaking first your body and then your head, so funny
3. When I bring out warm water and you "slurp-siphon" the whole bowl dry in that funny way goats drink
4. Watching you butt heads and dance together on hind legs (don't ever give this up!)
5. Two goats sleeping on the shed roof - adorable
6. Feeding you treats like old apples or stale animal crackers, and you act like they're gourmet chocolate
7. Every time I tell you "Pee!" and you do, and I know all systems are go for at least one more day
8. How you are always so delighted to see me, every time, even if I'm grumpy or malcontent or not carrying food, and how you love to snuggle on my lap
9. Ellie's moonspots, and Emerson's plaintive whimper that means "just stay a little longer, please!"
10. The way you always keep on loving us, even on days when we really don't love you back!

Happy Birthday, Emerson and Elliot!

(And even though Aunt Karen says you are "ugly goats," I think you're adorable!)

No comments:

Post a Comment