Wednesday, September 23, 2015

How to Keep Your Appliances (and Repairmen) Safe From Goats

This month's advice - when planning where your new pet goats will be housed, try to avoid areas containing poisonous shrubbery, air-conditioning units, and the access port to your septic tank. My goats live in a yard with all three. This blog is Part 1 of the story...

Until last month, a makeshift section of bargain fencing adequately separated Em and Ellie from our toxic rhododendron bush as well as the central air compressor. All was well until Elliot decided to charge through the fence while a technician was servicing the AC unit. Every job has occupational hazards, but I am certain this was the first time the technician was attacked by an amorous goat while bending over to replace a wire...

Mortified, I asked my husband to reinforce the fence to prevent further incidents. Perhaps we could use that pile of scrap wood behind the shed...and only as we were suddenly pushing not one, but two giant carts around the home improvement warehouse did I remember that my husband does no project in a small way.

Rhododendron, compressor, Mr. AC Technician - you are all safe now. Behold, the new "Air Conditioner Stockade." (Don't tell my husband I said that. We'll have the project materials paid off in a few easy payments...) As long as the goats don't crack the nine-digit code for the lock...


                                          Just try it, Elliot - this time you've met your match!

No comments:

Post a Comment