Saturday, February 21, 2015

Goat Winter Fashion


Watch out, brother, it must be Halloween again! She's bringing costumes. Run away!

Weather like this does strange things to otherwise-sensible people. My nephews wrapped their goat in a sleeping bag. My sister lets her goat take naps in the living room, warm and toasty by the wood stove. My father hauls tubs of corn outside every morning to feed eight neighborhood deer, a fox and several dozen geese (who now peck at the bedroom window if he is late with their breakfast). And this week I spent more on Em and Ellie's winter wear than I've ever spent on myself. (Granted, my last three coats came from yard sales, but still...)

If you've never seen a goat shiver, or opened a shed door to find an animal coated in a layer of frost, you wouldn't understand. That's okay. These coats are insulated, water-resistant, washable, and have easy Velcro closures. Emerson is a bit embarrassed to be wearing purple, but the only other option in his size was neon orange. Winter clearance sales...you can't be too choosy.

Stay warm, goaties! (At least we don't live in Boston!)

No comments:

Post a Comment