Thursday, May 24, 2012

Enter Emerson and Elliot...

There were several other goats for sale - but they were all so...well, big. And nursing from their mothers, no bottle kids here. The breeder pulled aside a pair of frisky kids, the best of the bunch, she told us. Six weeks old, and we could come back for them in two weeks once they were weaned. Oh, I don't think so - I had Emily's money  in my hand and a crate in the van; but did we really want these enormous goats if we couldn't even bottle them?  The cash went back in my pocket. "Well," the breeder said, "they are eating grain, but if you offered them bottles in a day or two, they'd probably take them." I looked at Emily. She looked at the speckled goat nibbling her finger. Sold. Two goats, a pair for $150.00, and we were on our way.


No comments:

Post a Comment