Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Goats Go Bananas!


Emerson: These are few of our favorite things - soybeans, locust pods, animal crackers, dried orange peels (lemon, pomegranate, grapefruit, etc.), sunflower seeds - and now a new addition to the list...

BANANA PEELS!!

Yummy! We devour them either fresh or dried and crunchy; yellow, spotted or slimy black - they are delicious any way you serve them. What we can't comprehend is why it took the humans almost six years to figure this out. (Mom was probably eating them all herself!)

*          *          *          *          *           *          *           *           *          *          *           *           *

Mom: Before the candlelight Christmas Eve service this year, the lobby attendant pulled me aside with five small paper bags containing dried orange peels - gifts from church friends who leave them above coat racks or in random other places for me to collect each Sunday. Apparently with all the visitors coming for Advent services, scattered bags of composting fruit rinds detracted from the  lobby decor. I get that, really I do!!

So here's my question - how many of my friends would be willing to save and dry banana peels for Em and Ellie?  And would it be inappropriate to designate a collection area in the church lobby for them? Sorry, goats, not happening. (Really - I will never turn down a banana peel - just give them to me discreetly!)

*           *            *           *           *            *           *          *           *           *          *          *          *

Elliot: I sure hope Dad sees the note in his lunchbox reminding him to bring his banana peel home from work! Maybe you should start sending him two bananas each day...

No comments:

Post a Comment