Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Water Horror Story

Yes, people have accused my goats of being spoiled, finicky. They demand their hay be ultra-fresh, their apples cut in neat, bite-sized chunks, their water warm and spiked with vinegar and served in small bowls only.  Generally I comply to their whims, but occasionally I do ask them to compromise.

Saturday evening we had dinner reservations and tickets to a not-so-local theatre. Knowing we would be gone several hours, I left Em and Ellie water in a tall plastic bucket in their shed. This, I hoped, would stay warm longer than the individual tiny bowls they prefer.

When we returned home at midnight, I found the goats agitated and thirsty - eagerly downing two gallons of warm water from their little bowls. Why didn't you just drink from your nice bucket, boys??

                                             Oh, that's why. I may never drink water again.

No comments:

Post a Comment